Friday, April 5, 2013

The PB Ain't Working


Cocaine Princess here.

This past Monday was a holiday for us, it was Easter Monday. I like long weekends because it always makes for a short week but I may have jinxed it this time. For a short week this turned out to be one of the longest and busiest weeks for me so it gives me immense pleasure to say, TGIF!

Awhile back I read eating peanut butter is suppose to be a helpful sleep aid. As you all know by now falling asleep is a struggle for me so I decided to give it a try. Since Sunday night I've been spreading a very thin layer of peanut butter on a cracker and then washing it down with a cold glass of milk. I really don't know where they come up with these 'sleep remedies' because the pb ain't working! I realize it's only been a few days but I'm hoping the 'helps you fall asleep' part starts to kick in soon because if not I may have to resort to hitting the bottle. I'm so tired in the mornings that I need a Red Bull. By the afternoon I'm literally dying for a rest and when night time arrives I can't sleep. I am quite amazed though I haven't lost my sanity considering I've been getting by on only 4hrs of sleep these past few months.

Tonight I'm going to try something a little different. I was rummaging through the pantry the other night on account of a bad hormonal craving and guess what I discovered?


As the picture indicates it's the BIG cup. I inhaled the package deeply for a couple of seconds and came close to ripping it open but decided not to. During Easter I went way past my chocolate-eating quota which included a Reese Peanut Butter Egg. Don't you just love that first layer of milk-chocolatey goodness before you hit the peanut butter? Given the week I've had I think I deserve one cup and it does have peanut butter so you never know, it may put me to sleep. I didn't dare turn over the package to read the nutritional value but I think it's a given when it comes to 'calories' and 'fat grams' the numbers are high in the double digits.
 

An hour ago I moved the Reese Big Cup into the fridge. Some chocolates I prefer eating cold rather than at room temperature. As soon as I post my spectacular Friday entry I'll be sinking my teeth into peanut butter overload and then I'll slip under the covers and listen to AVB's State Of Trance.  Is there anything better than Euro~Music? I think not.

****

My loyal and dear readers, it's finally Friday.

Whatever your plans are have an amazing weekend.~x

XOXOXOXO,
Cocaine Princess 

 

14 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Geri Halliwell can't sleep as well, if it's any consolation. Have you tried tiring yourself out by doing more exercise? It'll be better for your tush than peanut butter. Have a great weekend, Miss Princess.

Miss Stormy Marples said...

I ate one of these last night. Reese's Big Cup (just one). U are right putting them in the refrig makes the taste come out a little more. That is too funny that u wrote a blog on it and I ate one last night. I was craving the peanut butter and chocolate. U might be a kindred spirit to me.

Target is "known" for having lots of holiday candy on sale the day after the holiday. So I load up on candy bags and put them in the freezer to share with the office and to have something chocolate around always. I bought bags (Easter candy) last night from Kroger when I went shopping late last night. They get eaten up long before their expiration date.

It has been rainy here. And it is very foggy this morning. Thank goodness I only live a block away from work. Lots of wrecks this morning and the fog won't burn off till 9:00ish this morning.

Well, work has been busy busy busy. I have loads to transcribe. And I mean loads of work. Five "deaths" in five weeks. We normally have five in a year unlike the city whom as about 122 in a year. The guys apologize for all the work. I don't mind. I am very organized. And it is job security.

I slept like a log but I did take a nighty nite cough sleep pill at midnight and then I did eat that Peanut Butter cup.

I really wish u were able to get more than four hours sleep. I really feel for u in that area. It's awful to feel tired.

Take care my luv.

Have a blessed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Bathwater said...

Have you ever tried Melatonin? It is a natural sleep aid.

Cocaine Princess said...

Gorilla Bananas at 7:13,
A former Spice Girl can't sleep either? I didn't know that. That's the only problem with peanut butter-- the high fat content. I read that exercising at night isn't good--- am I wrong?

Thank you & have a great weekend too.


Miss Stormy Marples at 9:13,
Thanks for your comment. Cough medicine will knock you right out. Have a great weekend too.

Bathwater at 9:15,
I tried that a few years ago but it didn't work. Maybe it's time to try it again.


Vivienne said...

WOW, I've actually never seen...a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup that big... they are so tasty!

I normally watch either a boring movie or a movie I've watched a million times to help me fall asleep. Or what about warm milk?

Cocaine Princess said...

Vivenne at 11:31,
Big and deadly! I've tried warm warm.

Kenneth Noisewater said...

Hope you start getting that sleep soon. Hey, Gorilla Bananas is here! Did you two find each other through my blog? Anyway, have you tried lots of exercise and an orgasm? Does wonders for me.

Cocaine Princess said...

Kenneth Noisewater at 8:09,

Actually Gorilla Bananas found me through you!

Bruce Johnson said...

Ever since I started attending Burning Man, I have been tuning into Arman Van Buren's "State of Trance" every now and again. Good stuff, but hardly the music I would listen to if I were trying to go to sleep. Ever thought about Brahms or Copland????

Red Shoes said...

Milk Duds... I loves me some Milkduds... I dunno if they allow one to sleep or not, but I just loves me some Milkduds..

I seldom have sleep issues... I remember once upon a time when I was married that my then~wife would say that if there was anything she wanted/needed to tell me, she had to do it before my head hit the pillow. That's a fairly true statement... :oD

Is it Friday yet? POOT!! It's just Monday... :o(

Oh well...

~shoes~

Cocaine Princess said...

Bruce at 4:51,
Hmm, who knew fans of Burning Man were into eurotrance? You might be right, perhaps I need something a little calmer but for some reason I find AVB's music soothing & calming.

Red Shoes at 5:07,
Now you have me craving for some milk duds.

You're not the only one waiting for Friday....

Slyde said...

oh my god, i am starving! i would KILL for one of those right now...

Lucia said...

I know some people would say Gravol to help you sleep. OR try Magnesium Citrate from a health food store. It is supposed to relax you so you can fall asleep.

Cocaine Princess said...

Lucia at 9:36
Thanks for stopping by & for the tip.